Wednesday, August 6, 2008


I found the largest bug that I have seen (yet) in Michigan! I was playing outside with Hondo, and attempting to remove a brush pile... when across the black finish of the burn barrel crawls this huge green bug. It sat so nicely for photos in the yard, that I ran to get a mason jar to catch it! I felt like a kid again, poking air holes in the top of the container and finding a leaf to create a home for the oversized insect...

Note: After showing Pete, the bug was released in the lilac tree/raspberry patch behind the house. I hope it will live a long life, preferably eating pesky mosquitos or other annoying insects!

1 comment:

Amanda Kay said...

Those are interesting. I remember finding them every once in a while down there. Preying Mantis? Is that what they're called? or Walking Stick? Or did we make up that second name?!