Sunday, August 22, 2010

Med School (orientation) has started

Saturday marked the beginning of my medical school career. It was the first day of orientation, and a very busy day at that... The day was fun, and I met many wonderful and unique people. There is certainly much diversity in my class -- I am looking forward to getting to know my classmates (in addition to the course material).

But anyways, would you have expected the first day of orientation to be tag, a few puzzles, and a game called four-feet (get 4 people from point A-> B using only 4 feet, then 3 feet, then 2 feet... etc.)? Well, it was. I can not remember the last time I have done any of the aforementioned activities (with exception of making a puzzle last winter) in the last decade or so. Evidently, the first day of med school is a lot like an grade school birthday party (without the cake and ice cream)! :)

Tomorrow, starts the first full week of orientation -- many lectures on professionalism, debt management, etc. Wednesday afternoon is devoted to a community service activity, and Thursday afternoon I have my first test (CPR skills test). Friday afternoon, I get my remaining school supplies and meet the second year students. And then, Saturday... my mom and dad come into town... For Sunday's white coat ceremony.

And then... school starts promptly at 8:00 AM on Monday, August 30th. Should be a fun adventure.

2 comments:

Cami said...

That's awesome Heidi! :) How exciting. We had some games similar to those ones for our orientation for nursing school...kind of a funny way to start the year, it breaks the ice and gets people talking i guess. :) enjoy your first busy week of school!

Anonymous said...

You Go Girl
Love Laura