Saturday, March 19, 2011

You never know where...

Since entering medical school, I have come to realize that the idea that most people are connected by as few as two degrees of separation (but as far as six degrees of separation) is probably true. Several of my classmates know people that I know (either through church, relatives, other people), and it kind of makes the world seem like a bit smaller of a place.

However, I never expected to meet a relative in medical school... While attending a lecture for an elective class, I started chatting with the person sitting next to me. Turns out, this person is a distant relation (second cousin once removed). As I come from a large family, meeting random people who are relatives is not that uncommon... I just had not expected to meet someone that I was related to in medical school!

No comments: