Tuesday, November 11, 2008

First Snowfall

The world was white, and peaceful... and there was Christmas music...

Yesterday, we experienced our first snowfall of the season. It makes me think that Christmas is, in fact, right around the corner. That and the "Oh Holy Night" accompanying my drive to work... Despite these calming cues obliging people to stay at home--white snow covered lawn and peaceful music--people ventured onto the roads, and ended up in ditches due to icy road conditions. I am thankful that it only increased my time on the road. I am excited for the snow, and all that it brings (ice skating, hot cocoa, reading near a roaring fire... the list goes on and on). I hope the next snowfall comes on a weekend, and I am better able to stay at home and enjoy the white fluffy stuff! :)

This leads me to believe that I again blinked and time went wooshing by me. It also makes me wonder... Does the Christmas season really start the moment that the Halloween masks are taken off, and the crazy hair colors have gone swirling down the bathroom drain? It seems early to start decorating and sending out cards, but the above cues tell me otherwise. Perhaps like sports... this is the pre-season, and it is the time to start practicing the holiday spirit. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: